Terms and conditions for the use of The World of Impact site
DISCLAIMER – INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The information and data in this document, website, content, proposal or quote (the “Information”) were obtained from sources that The World of Impact (Pty) Ltd or its directors and shareholders (“iResults” and “WOI Advisory LLC”) believe to be reliable but remains subject to the accuracy thereof. The Information does not constitute technical, educational or human resources advice and is provided without any warranty, express or implied, regarding its correctness, its fitness-for-purpose or any other relevant factor. The World of Impact does not assume responsibility and expressly disclaims liability for any direct or indirect losses, damages or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with the reliance on the Information provided hereunder. The Information is confidential and proprietary to The World of Impact and should at all times be treated with an appropriate degree of care for information of this nature. The Information is hereby expressly included in any non-disclosure or similar confidentiality agreement between
The World of Impact and the recipient of the Information. Copyright 2023 The World of Impact (Pty) Ltd. IRESULTS, THE WORLD OF IMPACT, 100 DAYS CHALLENGE and all other brand elements are trademarks of The World of Impact or are used under license. Intellectual property rights in the Information remain the exclusive property of The World of Impact and may be protected under appropriate intellectual property legislation or common law in any jurisdiction. No action should be construed or interpreted to transfer ownership or licence of any element of The World of Impact intellectual property without a written agreement to that effect executed by an authorised The World of Impact representative. No element of the Information may be reproduced, distributed, reverse-engineered, adapted or circulated without express and prior written consent from The World of Impact. All rights remain reserved.
DISCLAIMER – PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION – POPI ACT
The World of Impact Pty Ltd would like to welcome you to its website.
By viewing this website, you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accepted the following Protection of Personal Information (POPI) disclaimer.
The World of Impact shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of users and for the purpose of this disclaimer, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
The PAIA and POPI Acts are available online at www.gov.za/documents/acts.
As per the POPI Act, personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you as a person or data subject; this includes your name, age, gender, and email addresses.
The Collection of Personal Information
- To render client-related services and administration of clients’ accounts;
- To authenticate the client;
- To provide the clients with information which The World of Impact believes may be of interest to the clients, such as information relating to the 100-Day Challenge approach and matters of public interest in which The World of Impact is involved or has decided to lend its support to.
- Information is gathered from learners in order to process learner assessment results for the purpose of course completion and/or certification.
- Personal information includes Name and contact details
- Learner information is used to record assessment results against learner qualifications.
Sources of Personal Information
Personal information may be collected from the following sources:
- Directly from the person when they register on The World of Impact to, use our websites, participate in any online and face-to-face learning, or make use of any of The World of Impact services;
- From people and entities employed by The World of Impact to provide services to The World of Impact, which may be legally entitled to provide The World of Impact with personal information.
The Storage of Personal Information
All personal information collected by The World of Impact will be stored as follows:
- In a secure and safe manner according to strict information security principles with safeguards to ensure its privacy and confidentiality;
- For no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected unless further retention is
- Required by law or contractual obligation;
- Otherwise reasonably required by The World of Impact for lawful purposes related to its functions and activities;
- Retained further with the person’s consent
The World of Impact has an information process and risk management in place, which are monitored, maintained, and upkept with anti-virus, access control systems, firewalls, and trained staff and all systems and computers are password protected.
Sharing of Personal Information
Any information supplied to The World of Impact will be treated as confidential, and The World of Impact will not disclose information unless legally permitted thereto. No information will be transferred to a Third Party without the explicit consent of the data subject unless legally obliged thereto. By providing the personal information, the data subject agrees that The World of Impact may transfer the information to the following people and organisations in pursuit of the data processing purposes:
To persons contracted or employed by The World of Impact to provide services on our behalf and that adhere to principles similar to The World of Impact regarding the treatment of personal information;
General Conditions pertaining to Personal Information
The World of Impact accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special, or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever which may arise as a result of, or which may be attributable directly or indirectly from information made available on these pages or links, or actions or transaction resulting therefrom.
The Laws of the Republic of South Africa will govern all terms and conditions of any products and services contained in these pages. Should you request products or services through The World of Impact Website, you hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in regard to all proceedings, actions, applications or the like instituted by each party against the other, and in any way arising from any stated terms and conditions.